Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bagel with Cream Cheese and BACON!

Last week I wrote that I had never seen full sized bacon strips at the Dollar Store, and this week the 99 Cent Only Store proved me wrong.

Right there next to the hot dogs, sausages, and luncheon meats, was a package of Oscar Meyer Fully Cooked Bacon -- 2.1 oz, 15 slices.

The nutritional information states that 4 slices equal a serving size, with 70 calories, 6 grams of fat, and 320 mg of sodium.

I've always enjoyed a bagel with cream cheese and bacon, so I added 1/2 a serving, or 2 strips (microwaved 30 seconds for extra crispy) to a Western Brand Onion Bagel (230 calories, 1 gram of fat, 330 mg of sodium), topped with Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (60 caloris, 5 grams of fat, 80 mg of sodium).

I used about half a serving of cream cheese, so my total count is 295 calories, 6.5 grams of fat, and 530 mg of sodium. I washed it down with what was left of my Minute Maid Orange Juice, and I am happy until dinnertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment