Thursday, March 15, 2012

Five Chinese Brothers

Yesterday, I grabbed these Potstickers out of the freezer case of the 99 Cent Store. I followed the directions on the package for the recommended cooking technique - a little oil and water in the bottom of a pan, and boiling, and steaming them (not defrosted) until done in about 8 minutes. I didn't get the nice golden brown tone I was aiming for, but they were still delicious. I paired them with Roasted Garlic and Vegetable Noodles that were 60 cents a pack from Big Lots, I believe. I added a little shredded broccoli, carrots and cabbage (broccoli slaw from Taylor Farms - 99 Cent Only Store), and my signature "Crazy Asian" dippin' sauce, which is really just a lot of different things in my fridge - Garlic Vinegar, Spicy Ketchup, Asian sesame dressing, and mustard (all from one dollar store or another).



It all came together quickly, and cost less than a buck a serving. I suppose it was all inspired by this video of one of the weirdest kids' books I remember - Five Chinese Brothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment