Thursday, February 24, 2011

Kikkoman Curry Sauce with Meat and Vegetables Ginza Style


I love curry, and I love the convenience of someone cooking it for me, so I was thrilled to see all three Kikkoman Curry Sauces "Ginza Style" with meat and vegetables on the shelf at the 99 Cent Only Store. I didn't expect too much coming from a can, and honestly my low expectations were not exactly exceeded.

So far I have only tried the chicken, but it tastes kinda like Campbell's beef soup with a little curry added. I'm guessing all the varieties will taste this way. The thing I hate about soups and stews in a can is the mushy vegetables. I love raw carrots, but carrots in a can are a real turn off for me.

That said, these curries in a can aren't that bad. They will do in a pinch, but they will never replace that great Thai place down the street.

1 comment:

  1. My mother was full Japanese, born in Kobe (rip). I'm, half, born in Tokyo. This Kikkoman product, especially the beef curry, reminds me of Dinty Moore stew with a bit more sweetness and only a hint of curry. I should know what curry tastes like. My mother made curry from scratch all the time while I was growing up. I make my own. Thought I'd pick up a can as convenient "comfort" food but it's not even close to the real deal. Don't waste your time getting this.

    ReplyDelete