Sunday, February 20, 2011

Peanut Sauce - 5 (or maybe 6) Ingredients from the Dollar Store

I love peanuts, I love peanut butter, I love peanut sauce. Peanut sauce is usually served with Chicken Satay (which is basically chicken on a stick), and it sounds exotic, but it is really good with anything . . . brown rice, vegetables, bacon (a la Elvis) -- it is peanut sauce, plain and simple, and it is really easy to make.

It almost satisfies my 5 basic ingredient rule, only I used 6 tonight. Here they are:

Peanut Butter
Soy Sauce (Lite)
Garlic (minced)
Coconut Milk (Lite)
Cilantro (optional)
Balsamic Vinegar (optional)

I happen to love cilantro, but some people don't so that is on the optional list. Also the balsamic vinegar added some sweetness I found lacking, but it is not necessary. If you don't have Coconut milk or cream, you could probably use sour cream or milk, or even butter and chicken stock, or beer -- you really can't screw this up. It is peanut butter made into a sauce. Get it? Peanut butter sauced. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment