Wednesday, December 21, 2011

When Grocery Stores Beat the Dollar Store

Okay, I admit it . . . sometimes it happens. Sometimes your local grocer may beat the prices at the Dollar Store. Today I went to Smith's (part of the Kroger conglomerate) and I was pleasantly surprised to find Pillsbury Super Moist cake mix for a buck (when swiping your Kroger card) and a 32 oz bag of powdered sugar for $1.25 -- which beats the hell out of a 16 oz box of C&H for a dollar at . . . you know where.

They also had foil cupcake holders for 89 cents, and Nestle Toll House Limited Edition Mint and Dark Chocolate chips (so good) for $2.00. Oh and to top it off - Marshmallow Fluff for $1.00.

Maybe it is the influx of Dollar Stores that has driven the market prices down . . . but hey, I am not complaining. That is what made this country great . . . free enterprise, free market.

Personally, as poor as I am, I have never eaten better.

No comments:

Post a Comment