Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's National Cold Cuts Day!!! Rejoice!!!



I don't eat a lot of meat, but I do enjoy a good cold cut. They are usually some sort of processed meat like product, with a lot of salt.

My favorite is good old fashioned Salami. A couple of slices on the wheat sourdough I got last week, with some mustard is a good, quick solid lunch.

I got this Hormel Hard Salame at the 99 Cent Only store, which sometimes has Hormel Pepperoni as well.



Maybe you like bologna, or ham, or pimento loaf, but chances are you are consuming something that has by product o' beef, or pork, or chicken, or all three (like many hotdogs), and are more than happy to slap that crazy concoction between a bun or a couple of slices of bread.

But I'm not here to bring up the horrors of the processing plant, I'm here to celebrate National Cold Cuts Day!!! Listeria be damned, full speed ahead. Head Cheese, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment