Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dueling Baskets

Easter is high season for the Dollar Stores. Christmas is busy too, but if there was one activity that is tailor made for a Dollar Store it is the filling of an Easter Basket.

I enjoy every aspect of it . . . choosing the basket and the grass, the chocolate bunny, the cute, odd toy, the traditional stuff like Peeps and Cadbury Eggs, and Reese's Peanut Butter eggs, and jelly beans, and topping it all off with a big bow.

The more Easter Baskets you assemble, the more economical it gets, but I stopped at 2 this year, and they averaged $10 each. They are lovely  ones if I do say so myself, but they'll have to duel it out for supremacy.

I got stuff from Family Dollar, the 99 Cent Only Store, and Dollar Tree. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment