Wednesday, April 27, 2011

French Fried Onions - It's What's for Dinner!

So I bought a package of Golden Farms French Fried Onions at Dollar Tree in anticipation of making a classic bean green casserole for Easter, but that never really happened.

You see, I opened the FF Onions and began to nibble. The nibble led to a taste, which led to a snack, and before I knew it half the package was gone. I was able to resist devouring the whole pack by placing it out of sight, but this evening I found it, and resumed my consumption.

So crispy and delicious, I couldn't resist enjoying this delicacy with a beer or two. Simple, unadulterated onions and some sort of salty coating --why add anything else?

When I was done, I was slightly ashamed and realized I wouldn't be making green bean casserole, or crispy mac & cheese, or any other number of incredible dishes without another trip to the dollar store.

But who cares? I followed with mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels for dessert, a satisfied glow of contentment, and a weird desire to hear Robert Mitchum say "It's What's for Dinner".

No comments:

Post a Comment