Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter from the Dollar Store Diet!


I'd forgotten how much fun it is to color Easter Eggs. I still attribute my love of vinegar (and wine) to this ritual. When I was a kid I really wanted to drink the dye, I just loved the look and smell of it.

I was lucky to find a little kit that had a wax resist crayon in it at the 99 Cent Only Store, and I couldn't 'resist' picking up a package of traditional PAAS as well (no wax crayon included, sadly). You simply write or draw on the hard boiled eggs with the clear crayon before you start dunking them in dye, and you get names, messages, and effects on the finished product. I'm not sure if regular crayons work the same way, but if you can't find the wax, it is worth a try.

My fingers got almost as much color on them as the eggs, but I did use the little wire dipper as well.

I sense egg salad sandwiches in my future, but for now I'm going to enjoy the pretty colors!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment