Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Potato Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs


So, it is time to use up the beautiful hard boiled eggs from Easter, and I happen to have too many potatoes, so I whipped up some delicious potato salad, here are the ingredients:

Hard boiled eggs
Potatoes
Celery
Red Onions
Yellow, Spicy Brown, or Dijon Mustard
Ranch dressing
Vinegar of your choice
Salt and pepper to taste

Note, I use Ranch dressing instead of Mayo, it gives it a little zip and I like the Riverton Valley brand Lite Ranch Dressing I get from the Dollar Tree. I also use a lot of Riverton Valley Fat Free Italian dressing.

The Potato Salad recipe is very adaptable depending on your tastes. I like a little tartness, hence my addition of white wine vinegar, but it is not necessary.

The ratios are about 4 potatoes to 2 hard boiled eggs, to 1/2 cup celery, and 1/4 cup red onions, but it is all a matter of taste and feel. Play around, have some fun, and enjoy some yummy Potato Salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment