Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby Arugula at the Dollar Store? You Betcha!

In the past of touted the virtues of Dole bagged salad mix at the 99 Cent Store, and recently I've been getting a wonderful Spring Mix and Broccoli Slaw there as well - but Baby Arugula??? Like at those hoity toity gourmet markets, and upscale restaurants? Is this my hood or Brentwood?

Now if I'm going to take a picture of my salad, I admit, I make it pretty . . . but in actuality, I have a little secret of salad making, and I'll share it with you.

Put the good stuff on the bottom. Make an upside down salad. That's right -- the cheese, and the croutons, and the nuts, go in first, not last. That way you have to dig around for them, and in the process you are sure to get some greens down your gullet.

Maybe even some baby arugula, whether you like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment