Friday, May 6, 2011

The Great Cornrollio

Ever since I made the Dollar Store version of the Cherpumple (which was just a couple of days ago) I've been obsessed with the notion of cooking things inside of things. Oh, I know this is nothing new, I mean how else would be have Beef Wellington, Black Forest Cake, or Baked Alaska (and that is only stuff starting with B)? But to make a something special with the simple and economical products from a Dollar Store, well, that has become my own personal challenge.

This morning I woke up around noon, with a wild thought -- what about Pizza Rolls baked inside of Corn Bread -- I would call this creation "The Great Cornrollio"!

So that's what I did. I got Michelina Cheese Pizza Rolls and a package of Martha White Corn Bread Mix. I put the rolls in the oven for a bit to bake, while I mixed the Corn Bread. I poured a little mix in a greased bread pan, and put in the oven to bake for a few minutes. Then I took my pizza rolls and laid them side by side (this took 8) Then I put more mix around and on top and placed 4 rolls lengthwise on top. After 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven it was done.

This is a great twist on an old favorite, and now it is time to see what Beavis has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment