Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's for dinner on 5/5???

A 5 ingredient, 5 Dollar feast for Cinco de Mayo, of course.

Pour some tortilla chips in a bowl - I love the Granny Goose Brand I get from the 99 Cent Only Store. In fact I usually end of eating the chips and forgoing the rest of the ingredients -- I'm bad, I know.

Then put some romaine mix, or cabbage, or any other salad type stuff in there -- or not, it's up to you.

Next comes some sort of beans, I used Rosarita Fat Free Refried Beans.

Cheese, Salsa, maybe some red onions, and sour cream and you're set. It's pretty, isn't it? You'll never pay $5 - 10 bucks for a single Taco Salad in a restaurant without feeling guilty again.

Okay, I realize I used more than 5 ingredients, but this is another one of those very flexible creations that doesn't suffer from more or less. So use what you have, and what you like.

If you eat half the bag of Tortilla Chips before you get the other stuff out, I won't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment