Thursday, January 13, 2011

Greek Yogurt is All the Rage -- and Cheaper at the Dollar Store

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- I like yogurt. Not yogurt that tastes like some kind of pie, or cake, or coffee drink, or will replace your Gastroenterologist, as touted by Jamie Lee Curtis -- just plain yogurt, that tastes like yogurt.

I don't drink milk or eat ice cream, and my cheese and butter and sour cream intake is low these days, so yogurt is my main source of dairy, when I'm not being Vegan.

Thankfully, Greek Yogurt is becoming increasingly popular and I can once again find nice, thick, plain yogurt easily at the 99 Cent Only Store. Sometimes I can get a whole tub of Athenos brand, but lately they have had plenty of little self servings with blueberry or strawberry stuff in the compartmentalized containers.

I read that these were a bargain at 99 cents from Safeway, and even better with printable coupons at 2/$1 from four different "frugal" bloggers. Frugal seems to be a very popular theme for blogging . . . well, I got 'em all beat, because I spend only 39 cents when I buy these from the 99 Cent Only Store.

So forget the coupons, and take my advice -- get thee to the Dollar Store for Athenos yogurt. Now, that said, keep in mind that these are smaller servings at 5.3 ounces than the 8 ounce containers you are used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment