Monday, January 24, 2011

On the Road Again with Snacks from the Dollar Store



There's just nothin' better than hitting the road with a snack bag.
Now I'm guessin' if you are traveling with Willie Nelson, you better have lots of snacks handy, if you know what I mean . . . but seriously, a few snacks can save you time and money when you are trying to get from point A to point B.

Thankfully, the Dollar Store is Snack Central, so you can load up on your favorites on the cheap, and avoid pricey meals.

Last summer, I went to Manhattan with the intent on surviving on Dollar Store snacks, save but one "good" meal a day. As I was packing I didn't have as much room in my luggage as I would have liked, but a traveling companion took my edict a little too seriously and actually brought a snack suitcase.

So along with my "Lunch for a Buck" series, a will also highlight some of my favorite snacks.

The 99 Cent Only Store lately has had Madi K's Hickory Smoked Almonds, and these are incredible. I'd pay more than a buck for these, but luckily I don't have to.

You actually get a 5.5 oz. bag for a buck, and If I'm not careful I could wolf them all down in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment