Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quisp French Toast with Blueberry Syrup


I always like to make a little something special for Sunday Brunch, and today the Quisp I blogged about last week was just begging to be put to use.

I'd heard about Cap'n Crunch french toast, and since Quisp tastes similar, I thought I'd give it try.

This also afforded me the opportunity to get out my trusty hammer, and beat the tar out of something -- in this case Quisp -- which always makes me happy.

French toast is so easy -- all you do is beat an egg (more beating, seems to be a theme), add a little milk (or not) and cinnamon, and beat some more.

Next you heat butter or margarine in a skillet or a griddle. Now dip bread in the egg mixture and fry it up.

For Quisp French Toast, use Quisp crumbs as a coating for the bread dipped in egg. This is like the chicken cutlets I made for the Chicken Piccata earlier in the week -- the concept is the same -- egg acts as a binder for the crumb coating.

To crumb the Quisp, I put it in a ziplock bag and wail on it with my hammer.

A couple of weeks ago, I got some very nice Blueberry Syrup from Maple Grove Farms of Vermont at the 99 Cent Only Store, which tasted great with the French Toast.

When I was looking over the syrup in the store, a lady urged me to buy it, and told me it sells for over $4 at discount stores like Walmart. It goes to show that you just never know what you will find at the Dollar Store, and those of us who frequent them are more than happy to share our discoveries with others -- but If you are reading this, I think you already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment