Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Honey Buns -- a Prisoner's Best Friend


A couple of weeks ago I read this article about Honey Buns being coveted and used as currency, more than cigarettes in prison.

Prisoners have used these sweet treats in homemade wine, to pay their lawyers, as a motive for murder, and as the perfect dessert complement to their last meal.

The preferred Honey Bun brand is Mrs. Freshley's, so when I saw a package of 4 at the 99 Cent Only Store, I had to pick one up to see what all the hub-bub was about.

I was disappointed to learn that my Honey Buns were not the "Grand" Vending size iced confection that the prisoners enjoyed, but rather the smaller glazed variety.

Still, mine at roughly 25 cents each are delicious, though I wouldn't "shiv" someone for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment